*All materials will be listed with each pattern (Bucket, Snowballs, Snowflake)
*Bucket and Snowballs are worked in continuous rounds with no joins or chains
*If you decide to add faces like the other versions offer, remember not to add any hard pieces like safety eyes, google eyes, or even fabric paint. Also make sure to only stuff with fiber fill and do not over stuff because they will become stiff and hardened.
* Another option is to make Pom Pom snowballs instead!
arnd = around
ch = chain
dc = double crochet
dec = decrease
FPdc = Front Post double crochet
picot = picot
sc = single crochet
Picot = Chain amount indicated, sl st into the 1st ch of the ch just made.
Lion Brand Hometown USA yarn
*I used Razorbacks (about 100yds)
Tapestry Needle (to hide strings)
1. Magic Ring, 10 dc in ring (10)
2. 2 dc arnd (20)
3. *2 dc, dc* arnd (30)
4. BLO dc arnd (30)
5. *2 dc, dc x 9* arnd (33)
6. *2 dc, dc x 10* arnd (36)
7. dc arnd (36)
8. *2 dc, dc 17* 2X (38)
9. dc arnd (38)
10. *2 dc, dc x 18* 2X (40)
11. *Ch 10, sk 5 sts, sl st in next st (6th st), sc x 14* 2X
12. sc arnd, working 10 scs in both ch-10 sps. (48)
-Bucket Holds 5 Snowballs-
Worsted Weight Yarn in White
Fake Fur Yarn in White
Holding both yarns together (double stranding):
1. Magic Ring , 6 sc in ring (6)
2. 2 sc arnd (12)
3. *2 sc, sc* arnd (18)
4. *2 sc, sc x 2* arnd (24)
5-10. sc arnd (24)
11. *dec, sc x 2* arnd (18)
12. *dec, sc* arnd (12)
13. dec arnd (6)
Weave through last 6 sts and pull tight to close. Hide string inside snowball.
Light Worsted Weight Yarn
1. Ch 4, join to form a ring
2. Ch 1, 12 sc in ring, sl st to join (12)
3. *Ch 5, sk next st, sl st to next sc* arnd (6 – ch-5 sps)
4. *(ch 3 picot, ch 5 picot, ch 3 picot), 2 sc in each ch 5 sp. Fasten.
Sew to front of bucket. Fasten. Hide tails.
I hope you have loads of fun!
Written Pattern © 2013 Sonya Blackstone of Blackstone Designs. Please do not sell, share, or modify this pattern, but instead share the link to where the pattern can be found. You may sell items you make with this pattern. This pattern, as with all Blackstone Designs/Sonya Blackstone patterns, are not for educational use without written permission from the designer.
This pattern was originally posted on my Beautiful Ducklings blog.